Shoulder Pain Treatment With Our Little Rock Chiropractor
As a Little Rock chiropractor, Dr. Courtney Carmack has met thousands of individuals suffering from shoulder pain. Your risk for sustaining a shoulder injury or condition may increase if you have any of the following risk factors: repetitive overhead movement, physically demanding job, poor posture, or involvement in a sports accident, auto accident, or other type of personal injury such as a fall on an outstretched hand.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Dislocation: the main joint in your shoulder is a “ball and socket” joint and made up of the humeral head and glenoid fossa (a cup-like structure on the scapula); sometimes due to trauma, the humeral head can partially or fully pop out of place, leading to immediate pain and deformity and residual instability and weakness
- Shoulder Tendonitis and Bursitis: overuse and irritation to tendons and bursae around the joint can cause painful inflammation and swelling
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis): we see this condition in people with a history of shoulder injury or infection; it causes progressive and significant range of motion loss, stiffness, and pain
- Rotator Cuff Strain or Tear: muscles around the shoulder can become torn and inflamed, often causing weakness and “painful arcs” of motion (pain only in certain directions)
- Labrum Tear (SLAP Tear): the labrum is a lining in your shoulder joint and can become torn, leading to clicking, instability, pain, swelling, and eventually osteoarthritis due to joint irritation
Symptoms Associated with Shoulder Pain
People with shoulder pain often experience difficulties with dressing, bathing, and sleeping. They may complain of pain in one particular spot on the shoulder or diffuse pain felt all over. Muscles may be tender and sore, and it may be difficult to lift the arm or even hold objects.
If shoulder pain is related to a nerve (either in the arm or spine), a person may also experience numbness, tingling, and weakness in the arm, hand, or fingers.
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain in Little Rock AR
Our services can help naturally resolve shoulder pain in several ways:
- Adjustments of the spine and shoulder restore normal joint mechanics, trigger whole body pain relief, and restore postural alignment (note that the shoulders sit on your rib cage and spine)
- Therapeutic exercises help strengthen the rotator cuff muscles, heal injured tissues, and restore range of motion
- Soft tissue massage increases blood flow and relieves pain and tension
Is Your Shoulder In Pain? Connect With Our Chiropractor in Little Rock.
If a painful shoulder is holding you back, contact Dr. Carmack today at (501) 404-8910.